Objective: To identify the role and responsibilities of the central/regional government in the open data ecosystem as a user from a public values perspective. The needs, values and roles of the government can play a key role in how they interact within the open data ecosystem. The sub-objectives are:
- To elaborate a systematic literature review of related theories to government (public) values for open data ecosystems.
- To identify how government (public) values are affected by open data in an ecosystem setting.
- To elaborate a systematic analysis on the role and responsibilities of government as user of open data (or other roles).
- To elaborate a systematic analysis on structural and managerial instruments to be applied by the government.
- To design a governance framework leading to the optimization of the government (public) values for open data ecosystems.
- To test the validity of the governance framework for the federal Belgian government as well as the Flemish government.
Beneficiary – Host institution:
Partners – Planned secondments: