Objective: To develop new methods and processes for integrating collection, interpretation, and exploitation of open data in elementary public school education with a focus on strengthening real world problem solving and collaboration with professionals outside school. Sub-objectives are:
- To explore how open data can be used as an educational resource.
- To examine the current use of open data and design thinking in elementary public schools.
- To identify requirements of public school teachers and elementary school pupils for enhancing the use of open data and design thinking as an educational resource.
- To develop new methods to enhance open data use and design thinking in elementary schools.
- To examine how teachers and elementary school pupils can be trained and educated to use the new design thinking methods as part of their learning activities to solve complex problems.
- To test whether students and experiences that the new methods enhance the competencies and skills of elementary school pupils.
Beneficiary – Host institution:
Partners – Planned secondments:
COC Playful Minds