Objective: To develop an open data quality validator including government and other data. By collecting, analysing and comparing open data from multiple sources (public and private) of information, this ESR will:
- Examine not only the quantity, but also the quality of open data offered by public institutions.
- Review and crosscheck that open data become public according to both legal and ethical rules.
- Analyse social media as an open data source/user and as a democracy pillar are destined to fail if no credibility is guaranteed.
- Identify and document fake news’ extent in Twitter and the multiple dimensions of hoax.
- Design/develop a copy/paste checker, locating media that are misleading readers and/or violating systematically the applicable copyright properties.
Beneficiary – Host institution:
Partners – Planned secondments: